RE-GEL - RE-ENTERABLE ENCAPSULANT
DocumentationDownload SDS - CuredDownload SDS - Part ADownload SDS - Part BLiterature.pdf** If you experience an issue opening the above files. Please "Right-Click" and choose "Save As", then use the appropriate application to open the file. There are known issues with MS-Explorer and their plug-in manager.
CAUTION: When using RE-GEL in termination chambers or 3 phase potheads, the chambers must be thoroughly cleaned using only Denatured Alcohol. Using any other chemicals other than Denatured Alcohol could lead to serious damages as a result.
|79474||Quart||Case||12||6 lbs||6 lbs|
|79482||10 Gallon Kit||Case||1||50 lbs||2 - 6 Gallon Pails|
|79487||Gallon||Case||1||10 lbs||5 Gallon Pail|
ApplicationsRE-GEL can be used in:
- Single splices
- Y splices
- Transition splices
- Mining cables and splices
- Termination chamber on network transformer
- Applications where moisture must be excluded
- RE-GEL is a high dielectric, non-urethane, re-enterable, encapsulant. RE-GEL is intended for use in medium voltage, power distribution applications and can be used with either insulated conductors or bare connections in applications where moisture must be excluded. RE-GEL is intended to replace pitches, petrolatums, mineral, or silicone oils in splices, termination chambers for network transformers, and potheads.
- RE-GEL has a distinct advantage over the current splice filling compounds because there is no need for the compound to be heated to a liquid state in order to be poured into the splice or equipment. Also, there is no need to pour RE-GEL in stages to minimize the formation of air voids, saving several man hours per splice. With RE-GEL, there is no measurable expansion or contraction of the material over the entire temperature operating range of the cable.
- The use of RE-GEL in termination chambers and potheads has the distinct advantage over insulating oils in that, once the material has gelled, it will not leak out of the chamber if there is a failure of the gasket materials. Equipment maintenance is also enhanced since gasket failure will not require immediate de-energizing of the equipment to remove any remaining insulating oil, replace the gasket, and reinstall the oil. RE-GEL is non-flammable, therefore it is an excellent choice for termination chambers.
- The RE-GEL 10 Gallon kit can ONLY be installed with RE-GEL Pump (79481). RE-GEL Pump (79481) comes with 12 Static Mixers (79509). Please inquire separately about RE-GEL Pump and Static mixers.
Features & Benefits
|Gel time 10-20 minutes||Save several man hours per splice|
|No leaking from transformer termination chambers||No outages and no failures|
|Safe to employees||No fumes or employee burns|
|Compatible with cable construction||No damage to paper or tape|
Contact InformationRAINBOW TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION
261 Cahaba Valley Pkwy
Pelham, AL 35124
Back to top
Rainbow Technology offers a comprehensive line of products to the utility and telecommunications industries. Users of RE-GEL - RE-ENTERABLE ENCAPSULANT often find these other Rainbow products helpful too.
The larger kits (79482) will require our RE-GEL Mixing Pump (79481) which comes with 12 Static Mixers (79509).
Other Related Products
Individuals & Small Businesses, want to purchase Rainbow products online?
Larger businesses, want to find a distributor and get more information about contract pricing?